Confiction

Confiction

Friday 30 March 2012

IDENTITY

when i was growing up ,my life was in shambles living as an orphan that no one wanted,found a burden by many,dispised more often ,as a child we feel bruised and emoionally emasculated.

One has to find solace and a strength in what makes us feel valuable and full of worth.many a times we develop a thick skin to block the pain away.

This rather developed me into a being that is self aware and know my guards ohh to well,using my strengths to my benefits and working through my weaknesses to be better.

Self identity is a process that can take years depending with factors one lives in.One would ask me what is your strongest point as many will go with  physicality,achievements but i would rather without a shred of doubt go for my mind.It can open doors and overcome barriers @ times even living me all to well perplexed by my capabilities.

Sexuality is one of the hardest things that has really bagged me strongly i might say.I feel attracted to guys yes but never acted upon it until recently finally caving out of the comfort shell.many around me know am very opinionated and have strong value for certain things in life like homosexuality.

Many gays find their identities on their sexuality ,its what they flaunt ,its who they really and all about yet ,being critical of them based on that they find offense.*DEBATEABLE*

Lets find identity on our content of characters we are inside of us.was listening to this bbc documentary of gays in turkey who don't want to go to the army so to be allowed to do so they have to prove they are gay~photos or sex tapes.i get their pain but why cant gay men prove we are just as MEN like other men.

Where is the masculine gay constructor "left" he is just as gay , gay doesn't have to be all sissy ,wanna be female which Hollywood is showing.more so here in Kenya. gay people are associated with prostitution and femininity which is VERY vague and insulting.there is a straight looking accountant,
chef,teacher,ceo,engineer,lawyer who's identity is not really his sexuality but what he stands for in the society.

We are fabulous beings and we aught to eradicate the "vast" misconceptions by giving our identity some concrete.we just so happen to enjoy sex with the same gender but we are just as men ..

2 comments: